Monday, May 28, 2012

Photo of the Day #22

Sorry I have been such a blog slacker lately! To much to do so little time!

Photo of the Day #22: Remembrance


Today is Memorial Day. It is a holiday we dedicate to all the brave men and women who have, are and will serve our country. We thank you for all you do for all of us!
My son Niklas Laurence was named after my grandpa Laurence "Larry" Sowles. He served our country in the Marine Corps as a Corsair fighter pilot in the pacific theatre in WWII. There was a History Channel video made about the Corsair Plane, there is actual video footage of my grandpa and some of his buddies talking and hanging out near a Corsair plane. Even tho my grandma said "oh its nothing really," and it is only a minute of footage,  it's really pretty awesome!
My grandpa lived to be 86,  but his life still seemed to be cut short. He was an absolutely incredible man who is still so dearly missed! I was pregnant with Niklas in July of 2009 when my grandpa died, I really wish they could have met here on earth.
Happy Memorial Day, God Bless the USA, and Thanks again to all of our service men and women past, present and future!

No comments:

Post a Comment